Post the first.

Well, here it goes. For your information:
My name is Heather and I love life. Yesterday my roommate told me about her friend that works nights at Denny's. I mean he works from 10pm-6am! I can't even imagine working a schedule like that. So, Greg told my roommate that Denny's is totally dead from 3-6 on his shift. Toria decided she wanted to go visit Greg during those hours so that he could have some entertainment for a while. So after an evening of making grilled cheese, flying a kite, eating some frozen yogurt at Provo Froyo, and looking for clay at shopko (which was unsuccessful I'm afraid) I went to bed. Then promptly at 2:45 am, my roommate, Toria, woke me up. Our morning began with a rousing song of "Goodmornin'" from the hit musical Oklahoma. I volunteered to drive because- I really don't know why, but I volunteered nonetheless. So we get into the car and of course as we are getting in our friend the moth gets in the car too. Jana (my other roommate) is going crazy in the front seat using her sweatshirt to smack the moth...as I just calmly exit the parking lot. (Don't worry Jana finally gets the moth out of the vehicle and we proceed to Denny's). I don't think I mentioned this Denny's is in American Fork. The distance isn't much of a factor in this story, but simply the fact that this Denny's is located in American Fork...if you know anything about Utah, this is the Apache Junction of the Phoenix metro area. I mean hicks and I'm sorry to say "white trash" come to mind when one thinks of American Fark as it is properly pronounced. --I'm serious I went to my cousin's graduation at the Marriot Center and following his Highschool graduation was the American Fark High's graduation, there were all these guys hopping out of their trucks with their jeans tucked into their shiny new cowboy boots that even match their new cowboy hat, actually I'm pretty sure they didn't match but that would have been pretty good. Okay so you get the idea...back to the story! So we finally arrive at this Denny's way out in yes, American Fork. You can just imagine the scene as we pull into the parking lot. There's probably five cop cars and an ambulence (it's Utah, when there's an actual crime all of the local police within 30 miles of the crime, come to help arrest the perpetrator). Oh man you're thinking to yourslef this story is getting pretty good... So, we of course just calmly walk into the Denny's without staring at all of the cops and guys in cargo shorts and cowboy boots. Our friend Greg seats us and everyone that happens to be int he restaurant fills us in on what exactly happened. It turns out that some man got up to leave the restaurant(after leaving a generous tip to our friend, the waiter, Greg), and as he was leaving he took one of those porcelain bowls you know those really thick heavy restaurant style dishes and walks up to the guy that was in the booth next to him and starts SMASHING HIS FACE IN!! oh man, I wish we could have been there for that. So, I guess that about concludes my story, I got a Moons over my hammy, and it was pretty tasty. We drove home and went back to sleep at 4:30 am. Don't worry I just woke up. So I guess the moral of the story is: Everyone should go to BYU summer term.

6 comments:

  1. piman said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. piman said...

    Sorry, accidently deleted my comment that was that some people here in Phoenix think Mesa is kind of a hick town too! Just joking. Soon, we may be linked by a trolley:)  

  3. Heather said...

    It's true Mesa is rather hick-ish at times, but no city can top Apache Junction. About the trolley..that's not a bad idea, I love trolleys!  

  4. Anonymous said...

    OK, so we went to Denny's last week and nothing that exciting happened. I gained 3 pounds by eating the Grand Slam breakfast. By the way, Scotty also ordered Moons over my hammy. 1-4-3  

  5. Heather said...

    Just to let you all know, this Denny's has been shut down. Yes, that means Greg is out of a job. I guess they were having to file too many police reports...?  

  6. Anonymous said...

    GO PROVO FROYO-whoohooo!!!!!  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.