It started raining last night and it has been raining all day. I think it's weird because it is wintertime in Utah and it isn't snowing...it's raining. AND it's still really cold outside.

I wrapped my present for Matt yesterday, and he has no idea what it is. Seeing it wrapped just made him even more confused as to what it could be. It is so fun being so secret!

Okay here's a question for you... Why don't people walk on the right side of the sidewalk? We all drive on the right side of the road, shouldn't there be some kind of uniform policy that applies to the sidewalks as well. The other day I was walking down the sidewalk-on the right side mind you-and this guy comes walking towards me on his left side. I am then forced with the decision of whether to stick to my side (the right side) or to move and let him pass without having to walk around me. We got closer and closer so finally I moved out of the way. So, not only was he walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk to begin with, but he also forced me to move to the wrong side, which by the way was closer to the road. Isn't there some kind of rule that says that guys are always supposed to be closer to the road anyway? Maybe I'm just making this all up, but honestly, I like order and simplicity. So if we could all stick to the right side of the sidewalk that would really help me out a lot.

Matt and I spent Thanksgiving here. It was just the two of us for Thanksgiving, and we did surprisingly well. I made us a small turkey roast with a rosemary citrus salt rub, as well as mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, crescent rolls and a delicious dessert called pumpkin gingerbread trifle. After we ate, we went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I thought it was awesome. Matt says he liked the third one better. We were pretty lazy and everything was really low-key for Thanksgiving; that's the only thing that made it seem like it wasn't really Thanksgiving. Usually there are tons of people and it can be pretty chaotic in the kitchen. That definitely wasn't the case this year.

I'm reading a book for my Ecology class, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable if I weren't reading it for a class. It's pretty interesting though.

3 comments:

  1. Maggie said...

    Thanks for the post! I'm glad you enjoyed thanksgiving! I need your address to send you a little present. If you're going to be at your parents I could just send it there since I have that one written down. I know I've sent you things in Utah before, but I keep forgetting to write that address down. Well I write it down on the envelope, but then I mail the envelope off and no longer have the address. Anyway, its nothing big, but I thought you might like it when I saw it so there you are. And I need your address.  

  2. Heather said...

    I'll call you with the address. I like presents...
    Mattie fianlly wrote on his blog after a month. I thought you might be interested. Since he hardly ever updates it you probably don't look there very often.  

  3. shafnitz said...

    Mmmmm.... Turkey....  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.