Crepes and Seminary

Last night I made sweet crepes for dinner and they were soo good! We gobbled them up. We like to make a sweet lemon, butter syrup and I also like butter and cinnamon and sugar on them. I really want some more now. My family makes crepes for birthdays and easters, and I love them. But these sweet crepes were the best crepes ever.

I'm putting the recipe on here just in case I lose the paper I wrote it down on. You can also give them a try since they're so so good.
Sweet Crepes
2 Large eggs
3/4 C + 2 T. milk (unless you want to put your favorite liqueur in like the recipe suggested then put 2 T. of the liqueur instead.)
1/2 C water
1 C flour
3 T. melted butter
2 1/2 T. Sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
(It didn't call for any salt so I put a pinch in just in case they were too sweet, and they turned out fantastic)
Pulse all ingredients together in a blender, then let sit in fridge for 20 minutes to let bubbles settle. Warm frying pan to medium add small amount of butter. Put 1/4 C batter in center and swirl around pan quickly (it cooks quick!) Heat until golden brown, then flip and cook other side until golden brown. SO DELICIOUS!
I spread a small amount of butter on each crepe as they stack up. Then when we're sitting down we serve with lemon syrup and cinnamon and sugar. For the lemon sauce I use powdered sugar and lemon juice until it's at a runny consistency, then add maybe 1/2 T. butter and warm in microwave. When you put the syrup on the crepes DO NOT drench the crepe in the lemon syrup, you only need a little.

Today was my first day of my 10-day teaching experience at Timpview Seminary. I love the class I teach. Everyone is willing to participate, so there aren't any long, awkward silent moments, and we learn a lot from each other. Our class was only 12 minutes long today! They have a late start day every Wednesday and it was a half day too. So it was really quick, but also really fun!

1 comments:

  1. the narrator said...

    this has nothing to do with crepes. tomorrow (dec 1st) is the conference on intelligent design. i forgot to remind you about it sooner.

    http://www.uvsc.edu/phil/religiousstudies/

    i had dinner with one of the participants tonight. it should be awesome.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.