Thanksgiving Menu

I love to cook, so I get really excited about the holidays. I've never been really crazy about Thanksgiving food though. I don't like green beans, I prefer stove top to homemade stuffing. I like the fake cranberry jelly tube instead of homemade cranberry sauce (they always seem to have nuts in them gross!). I also really don't like Sweet potatoes.
There are a few items that I love. I love turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. And of course desserts.

My favorite easy dessert:

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl. (courtesy of foodnetwork.com)
Yum Yum!

I tried a lemon rosemary salt rub on our turkey roast last year (since it was just Matt and I eating I didn't bother to make a whole turkey) it was delicious. I'm hoping to make a whole real turkey this year, but we'll see. I was going to go crazy and make lobster and go really non-traditional since it's just me and Matt, but maybe I'll save the lobster for Valentine's Day.

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.