Camping

Matt and I went on our ward campout to Payson Lakes this last weekend. It was super fun! It was really great to get to know some of the people in our ward better. We're in a married student ward, so it's hard to make new friends. Everyone's in the "I just got married to my best friend, and we already have close friends, so I don't really need to try hard to make anymore" state of mind (yes, even Matt and I). We had a lot of fun telling stories, and played the two truths and a lie game. The camping part was great, except that we had no soft mattress for under our sleeping bag so all that was between us and the rocks in the ground was the tent. This made it a little hard to sleep, but we made it through, and I took a long nap when we got home.

We decided to take it easy this trip since it was our first ever camping trip together and it was only from 6pm Friday to 11am Saturday. I packed us some Tuna salad sandwiches instead of trying to bring raw meat and stoves and charcoal and all of that great camping stuff.

This weekend we'll be going all out. We're meeting my family at North Rim, Grand Canyon NP. We are so excited! Matt and I are in charge of breakfast one day while we're there. So, we're doing a peachy dutch oven french toast, and a bacon, egg and cheese hash. Yum! I love camping food, everything tastes better when you're camping. We're also bringing chocolate and grahams for smores and strawberry lemonade and I'm freezing a bunch of strawberries to take for ice cubes in the lemonade (I really like food, so I always pay attention to little details in a meal).

We are also so excited for the trip because my whole family is coming. Matt and I are the only ones that will be roughing it in a tent, my family has one of those fold-down campers, and Brooke and Nate are renting a mini RV (I think it's mostly because she has two little guys and they don't have all of the camping equipment they would need to accommodate their whole family, plus Brooke is pregnant!) I'm sure Chandler or Hayden would love to sleep in our HUGE tent with me and Matt. I hope we will get to go down to the bottom of the canyon; I haven't been there since I was about 6 months old (so, I don't remember much about it).


P.s. Blogger is having a problem with the photos, so sorry if they don't load.

3 comments:

  1. Katie said...

    Photos look great to me.

    Have fun at the Grand Canyon. I went there 2 years ago with friends and it was AWESOME!  

  2. Maggie said...

    So I just noticed your phrase of the week (I have no idea how long it's been on there) and is that in reference to Dan Grange? If so I had a good little chuckle!  

  3. Heather said...

    Yeah, I remembered that story the other day and started laughing out loud. Then I thought I needed to put it up on my blog.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.