The Perfect Proposal

So, I left Provo being engaged to Matt, but not having been officially proposed to. Matt and I planned on him coming out here to visit three weeks after we left so that he could meet my family, and I figured that would be when he would propose to me.

While I was finishing up my last final my mom and Matt, unbeknownst to me, were hanging out planning a surprise trip for the next weekend. My mom and I drove down to Arizona the next day, and I started my first day of work on Monday. It didn't take me long to realize how much I missed Matt and how hard this summer was/is going to be.

My family has a projector and a screen we set up on the weekends to watch movies in our backyard. So, my mom said it was bride's pick for Friday night. We set up our projector and screen and chose to watch Father of the Bride. My brother invited a friend over, and my mom said she was worried we wouldn't be able to hear the doorbell ring during the movie. So since our intercom is connected to our phones she had me set up a phone in my sister's room that is right behind the back porch, to be sure that we could hear it when someone came to the door...

My brother's friend got to our house before we started the movie, and after we had only gotten 15 minutes into the movie the phone in Hayden's room rang as the doorbell. My mom jabbed my side and told me to go get the door; I didn't know why I had to be the one to get the door, but after a little while I finally got up and went inside to answer the door.

When I opened the door there was nothing and no one there but a small white box with a white ribbon. I picked up the box and looked around for a minute, still clueless as to what was going on. I turned back into our house and shut the door. Our house was pitch black inside because we didn't want any lights on obstructing the quality of the picture on our projector screen. I could hear my family at the open window looking out at our back porch. They were crouched up together (I couldn't see them, but I assume they were) and I heard someone say, "where is she?" and my mom say, "she just shut the door." At this point I knew something was up, so I turned back to the front door and saw someone coming from the window next to the door. When I opened the door Matt was walking towards me. He grabbed the still unopen box (I had managed to get the ribbon off) pulled out the ring case and opened it. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him...
I said yes.

I had absolutely no idea he was coming out for the weekend. It was a complete surprise, and the best surprise of my life. Matt was shaking when he was holding my hand asking me to marry him. He said he was nervous, which I thought was funny since we both knew I was going to say yes. But he said he was nervous because it was a big deal. I've never been proposed to before, but I'm pretty sure this is the best proposal I've ever had.

4 comments:

  1. Maggie said...

    Great story! I love it! I love you too! Thanks!  

  2. Anonymous said...

    And it was the best proposal I've ever made!  

  3. Maggie said...

    Not like the last one you made at all!  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Nope. The last one was a total crash and burn.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.