Christmas Dreaming

My current theme song.

I am soo excited for Christmas. I love Christmas.
buying presents, non-stop Christmas music, decorating, playing with younger siblings' new toys, hot apple cider, sweaters, traditional Christmas foods, seeing the reaction of those you gifted when they open them up, scheming and secreting and teasing about the presents you've bought and won't reveal their identity, making treats for others, making treats for us, driving around random neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights, putting up the Christmas tree, watching White Christmas, Walking around the Mesa temple, looking at my mom's growing collection of Nativity Scenes, being with my family and dealing with all of their crazy Christmas antics...
I'm sure I can come up with more, but Christmas is going to be different this year and I want to talk about that...
This is obviously mine and Matt's first Christmas together. I am so excited to mesh his family traditions with mine, and start some of our own. We are going to my home for Christmas this year. I can't wait to go see them! This is my first ever Thanksgiving I won't be spending with my family. I'm sure going to miss being with them. I am glad though, that I get to spend it with Matt. I would like to try and do the traditional Thanksgiving feast, but it turns out it's just the two of us, so that might be a little overkill... Maybe we'll have a slightly toned down version, or try to see if anyone we know will be in town for Thanksgiving.
Anyways, I'm doing my Christmas dreaming a little early this year...

3 comments:

  1. Maggie said...

    You guys are staying in Provo for Thanksgiving? Why?  

  2. Heather said...

    We don't have enough money to go down for both Christmas and Thanksgiving, and pay for my tuition at BYU the next semester, (which now has to be paid all up front unless you want a fee on it). Plus we wouldn't be there for very long for Thanksgiving. We'd drive down on Wednesday, probably after Matt got off work, then we'd leave Sunday, so we'd really only have two days down there. Unless Matt took Wednesday off then we could leave Tuesday and have one more day with the fam, but then we would have to take one less day with them over Christmas. So, it's for the best really.  

  3. Maggie said...

    I see how it is all for the best, but it is sad, and I'm sad for you. I will be happy for you when it is Christmas time and you get to be with your family. YEAH FAMILY!  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.